WHAT’S NEW IN EDEN
- For the 2020 August Primary elections the Secretary of State’s office has mailed all registered voters in Vermont a postcard with instructions on how to request their ballot, which includes a tear-off, postage paid, pre-addressed return postcard that voters can use to request their ballot. This mailing was printed for Eden with a return address of E. Montpelier, VT. Our local post master and the clerk of E. Montpelier have been notified of this error and are working with the Town of Eden to ensure all ballot requests are routed to the Eden Town Clerks Office. Please don’t hesitate to send in your ballot request by mail or drop it in the Drop Box at the Town Office, online from here or call to request a ballot (802) 635-2528.
- Let’s Scrap Food Waste!: Starting July 1, 2020, state law (Act 148) bans all food from the landfill and your trash. Here are your options for how to meet this requirement, and how we can help: Lamoille Soil
- Highway Department Opening: Full time, seasonal position is available; for more info click this link– Employment Opportunity
- 2020 Lake Eden Boat Parade: Annual Lake Eden Boat Parade is being planned for July 4th at 11:00am starting at the Boat Launch. For more information, please follow this link: 2020 Lake Eden Boat Parade
- Lake Eden Recreation Area is Now Open: Due to COVID-19 restrictions include: shelters and playground will remain closed until further notice. No groups larger than 25. For latest availability call: 635-7725
- Lake Eden Association Greeter Program looking for workers: Part time help needed at Fish & Wildlife access area to greet boaters & provide information on the prevention of the spread of invasive species. Flexible hours, $11 per hour, now thru October. Contact Art Curcillo @635-9716
- PUBLIC NOTICE – Knowles Flat Rd, Twin Culvert Site: Bridge Construction to commence on May 12th. Expect increased construction traffic and noise at this location. Established detours remain in effect until completion of this project. Public Announcement
- NOTICE: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Town is taking immediate action to mitigate the spread of the virus. For the latest information click on this link: COVID-19 Information
- NOTICE:Blakeville Rd is closed to through traffic.
- Installation of 911 Markers: The North Hyde Park/Eden Fire Dept. will be installing 911 markers at all residences in the town of Eden. This installation will take place throughout the summer, beginning the weekend of May 4th. This project will be ongoing until all residences have an identification number installed. The project is funded with monies left to the town by Eden Rescue and the American Gift Fund.
- Save $ on your electric bill…Join Eden 3E, LLC: This privately owned solar group net metering project in Eden distributes its renewable energy credits via VT Electric Coop. For more information: Join Eden 3E, LLC
- Recycling Totes Available at Town Office: Starting July 1 recyclables are officially banned from landfills. To assist Eden residents in complying with these new laws we have available at the town office recycle totes in two sizes. 14 gallon totes and 16 gallon totes are available for $5 each. They can be purchased at the town office during regular business hours.
- Do you have photos to share? We are looking for photos from around Eden to use on this website. Please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Vermont Shoreland Protection Act went into effect on July 1, 2014. Bodies of water over 10 acres are affected by this Act. In Eden there are 11 lakes or ponds listed. More information can be found on the Vermont Dept of Environmental Conservation’s Watershed Management Division’s website.
- Current vacancies: Paid Positions: Highway Dept. (1 full time Seasonal position), Dog Officer (2 position), Lifeguard (1 positions – see LERA page for more information). Volunteer Positions: Eden Planning Commission (1 position), Eden Energy Committee (3 position). If interested in serving on a town committee, please submit a letter of interest to the Selectboard or call the town office. For the paid positions, please send a letter of interest and a current resume to the Selectboard. A job application is also required and may be picked up at the Eden Town Office.
- Check out the Calendar page for information on board and committee meetings, plus community events. If you notice an error in the date or time of a meeting or event, please send an email to email@example.com so we may correct it.
- Be sure to join the Eden/Lowell Front Porch Forum. The link can be found on the Front Porch Forum page under the Community tab.
This is the Official Municipal and Community Website for the Town of EDEN, Vermont.
We would appreciate your input.
If you have comments or questions or notice an error, or
if you would like to have content added, or
if you have photos in and around Eden you’d like to contribute, or
if you would like to have your Eden business listed under our Community Pages/Businesses,
Check back often for updated information, community events, agendas, and minutes of the boards and commissions.
Thank you for visiting the Town of Eden’s website!