WHAT’S NEW IN EDEN
- Lake Eden Recreation Area Closed until June 15th: Due to the need to make repairs to the water and electrical systems we have delayed opening the rec area for seasonal campers. Due to COVID-19 restrictions the beach, shelters and playground will remain closed until further notice. Please help us help each other by adhering to this closure. We will open when and if we are able to abide by all the new requirements.
- Lake Eden Association Greeter Program looking for workers: Part time help needed at Fish & Wildlife access area to greet boaters & provide information on the prevention of the spread of invasive species. Flexible hours, $11 per hour, now thru October. Contact Art Curcillo @635-9716
- PUBLIC NOTICE – Knowles Flat Rd, Twin Culvert Site: Bridge Construction to commence on May 12th. Expect increased construction traffic and noise at this location. Established detours remain in effect until completion of this project. Public Announcement
- Green Up Day 2020 rescheduled to May 30th: for more information click on this link – Green Up Day 2020
- NOTICE: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Town is taking immediate action to mitigate the spread of the virus. For the latest information click on this link: COVID-19 Information
- NOTICE:Blakeville Rd is closed to through traffic.
- Installation of 911 Markers: The North Hyde Park/Eden Fire Dept. will be installing 911 markers at all residences in the town of Eden. This installation will take place throughout the summer, beginning the weekend of May 4th.
- Save $ on your electric bill…Join Eden 3E, LLC: This privately owned solar group net metering project in Eden distributes its renewable energy credits via VT Electric Coop. For more information: Join Eden 3E, LLC
- Recycling Totes Available at Town Office: Starting July 1 recyclables are officially banned from landfills. To assist Eden residents in complying with these new laws we have available at the town office recycle totes in two sizes. 14 gallon totes and 16 gallon totes are available for $5 each. They can be purchased at the town office during regular business hours.
- Do you have photos to share? We are looking for photos from around Eden to use on this website. Please send them to email@example.com
- The Vermont Shoreland Protection Act went into effect on July 1, 2014. Bodies of water over 10 acres are affected by this Act. In Eden there are 11 lakes or ponds listed. More information can be found on the Vermont Dept of Environmental Conservation’s Watershed Management Division’s website.
- Current vacancies: Paid Positions: Dog Officer (2 position), Lifeguard (1 positions – see LERA page for more information). Volunteer Positions: Eden Planning Commission (1 position), Eden Energy Committee (3 position). If interested in serving on a town committee, please submit a letter of interest to the Selectboard or call the town office. For the paid positions, please send a letter of interest and a current resume to the Selectboard. A job application is also required for the Town Administrative Assistant position and may be picked up at the Eden Town Office.
- 9-1-1 Signage: The North Hyde Park/Eden Fire Department is working with the Town to install 9-1-1 signs at all Eden residences. The first phase of the project will have numbers and signs installed at residences along RT100. Additional roads may be added if time allows. This project will be ongoing until all residences have an identification number installed. The project is funded with monies left to the town by Eden Rescue and the American Gift Fund.
- Check out the Calendar page for information on board and committee meetings, plus community events. If you notice an error in the date or time of a meeting or event, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we may correct it.
- Be sure to join the Eden/Lowell Front Porch Forum. The link can be found on the Front Porch Forum page under the Community tab.
This is the Official Municipal and Community Website for the Town of EDEN, Vermont.
We would appreciate your input.
If you have comments or questions or notice an error, or
if you would like to have content added, or
if you have photos in and around Eden you’d like to contribute, or
if you would like to have your Eden business listed under our Community Pages/Businesses,
Check back often for updated information, community events, agendas, and minutes of the boards and commissions.
Thank you for visiting the Town of Eden’s website!