WHAT’S NEW IN EDEN
- Warning: Ballot Processing
Public notice is hereby given that early/absentee ballots will be processed four (4) days before the August 11th election pursuant to the authority granted in Act 92 (2020) and Act 135 (2020), and in accordance with 17 VSA, Chapter 51, 17 V.S.A. § 2546a. The ballot processing will be held at 71 Old Schoolhouse Road, Eden Mills, VT 05653 (Town Offices) and will start at 2PM on Thursday, August 6th, 2020. The town clerk and election officials will count, inspect and open the certificate envelopes and deposit the ballots in a secure ballot box. Any member of the public requesting to observe the process shall be provided an opportunity to do so. Due to restrictions related to COVID-19, upon request of a member of the public to observe the process, viewing will be done through a window at the town offices.
- Be Our Voice! The Town of Eden recently joined the Lamoille FiberNet Communication Union District (LFCUD). Now we’re looking for our Rep! Interested in learning more? Read more here. Now is the time to select a Representative to be Eden’s voice at the table for Broadband discussions. Could that be You!? Contact the Town Office if so! 635-2528 or email@example.com
- Broadband Survey: Our friends at the Lamoille County Planning Commission (LCPC) have put together a survey to see who in our area gets what kind of internet service. This survey will help estimate community take rates for a new internet service and the information will be helpful in determining the feasibility of broadband deployment. Please take a moment to participate! Your input will help build a broadband deployment that benefits all. Take the survey here https://lamoille.tilsontech.com/
- Vermont Primary Election — August 11, 2020, VT will hold a Primary Election for the following offices: US Representative, Governor, Lt. Governor, State Treasurer, Sec. of State, Auditor of Acts., Attorney General, State Senator(s), State Rep(s)., High Baliff. You or a family member can request early ballots in person, in writing, by phone, or at http://mvp.vermont.gov. To see a sample of the ballots, click here: Sample Ballots 2020
- For the 2020 August Primary elections the Secretary of State’s office has mailed all registered voters in Vermont a postcard with instructions on how to request their ballot, which includes a tear-off, postage paid, pre-addressed return postcard that voters can use to request their ballot. This mailing was printed for Eden with a return address of E. Montpelier, VT. Our local post master and the clerk of E. Montpelier have been notified of this error and are working with the Town of Eden to ensure all ballot requests are routed to the Eden Town Clerks Office. Please don’t hesitate to send in your ballot request by mail or drop it in the Drop Box at the Town Office, online from here or call to request a ballot (802) 635-2528.
- Let’s Scrap Food Waste!: Starting July 1, 2020, state law (Act 148) bans all food from the landfill and your trash. Here are your options for how to meet this requirement, and how we can help: Lamoille Soil
- Highway Department Opening: Full time, seasonal position is available; for more info click this link– Employment Opportunity
- Lake Eden Recreation Area is Now Open: Due to COVID-19 restrictions the LERA playground will remain closed until further notice. No groups larger than 15 inside the shelters at a time. For latest availability call: 635-7725
- Lake Eden Association Greeter Program looking for workers: Part time help needed at Fish & Wildlife access area to greet boaters & provide information on the prevention of the spread of invasive species. Flexible hours, $11 per hour, now thru October. Contact Art Curcillo @635-9716
- PUBLIC NOTICE – Knowles Flat Rd, Twin Culvert Site: Bridge Construction to commence on May 12th. Expect increased construction traffic and noise at this location. Established detours remain in effect until completion of this project. Public Announcement
- NOTICE: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Town is taking immediate action to mitigate the spread of the virus. For the latest information click on this link: COVID-19 Information
- NOTICE:Blakeville Rd is closed to through traffic.
- Installation of 911 Markers: The North Hyde Park/Eden Fire Dept. will be installing 911 markers at all residences in the town of Eden. This installation will take place throughout the summer, beginning the weekend of May 4th. This project will be ongoing until all residences have an identification number installed. The project is funded with monies left to the town by Eden Rescue and the American Gift Fund.
- Save $ on your electric bill…Join Eden 3E, LLC: This privately owned solar group net metering project in Eden distributes its renewable energy credits via VT Electric Coop. For more information: Join Eden 3E, LLC
- Recycling Totes Available at Town Office: Starting July 1 recyclables are officially banned from landfills. To assist Eden residents in complying with these new laws we have available at the town office recycle totes in two sizes. 14 gallon totes and 16 gallon totes are available for $5 each. They can be purchased at the town office during regular business hours.
- The Vermont Shoreland Protection Act went into effect on July 1, 2014. Bodies of water over 10 acres are affected by this Act. In Eden there are 11 lakes or ponds listed. More information can be found on the Vermont Dept of Environmental Conservation’s Watershed Management Division’s website.
- Current vacancies: Paid Positions: Highway Dept. (1 full time Seasonal position), Dog Officer (2 position). Volunteer Positions: Eden Planning Commission (1 position), Eden Energy Committee (3 position). If interested in serving on a town committee, please submit a letter of interest to the Selectboard or call the town office. For the paid positions, please send a letter of interest and a current resume to the Selectboard. A job application is also required and may be picked up at the Eden Town Office.
- Check out the Calendar page for information on board and committee meetings, plus community events. If you notice an error in the date or time of a meeting or event, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we may correct it.
This is the Official Municipal and Community Website for the Town of EDEN, Vermont.
We would appreciate your input.
If you have comments or questions or notice an error, or
if you would like to have content added, or
if you have photos in and around Eden you’d like to contribute, or
if you would like to have your Eden business listed under our Community Pages/Businesses,
Check back often for updated information, community events, agendas, and minutes of the boards and commissions.
Thank you for visiting the Town of Eden’s website!