WHAT’S NEW IN EDEN
- General Election Ballots: For the November 3, 2020 Presidential Election, you should have received an absentee ballot in the mail. The ballots were mailed by the VT Secretary of State’s office starting Sept. 21st. You should also received a separate ballot for the Justice of the Peace. We encourage you to review the entire ballot(s), make your selections and return the ballot(s) to the Town Clerk’s office as soon as possible. A secure drop box has been installed in front of the Town Office for you to drop your completed ballot(s) off at any time. We are thankful to the Eden Highway Department, once again, for their time and work in installing this for us all!
- Winter Parking Ban: The Winter Parking Ban goes into effect November 1, 2020 and continues through April 15, 2021. Vehicles shall not be left on Town highways, in the Town right-of-way, or in Town turn-arounds during the period of the Winter Parking Ban. Vehicles in violation of the Winter Parking Ban will be towed at the owner’s expense. Property within the road right-of-way (24’9” from road center in each direction) is in danger of damage during snowplowing season. Fences or barriers within this right-of-way will be the responsibility of the landowner. Trees or brush within the right-of-way interfering with snow removal operations will be cut and removed. Residential and commercial snow removal operators will not be allowed to move snow from driveways or side roads into or across Town road right-of-ways. Residents will have access to the Town sand pile for in-Town use only – not for resale. We appreciate your cooperation!
- Pay Online! The Town of Eden is happy to offer a fast, secure, convenient option to pay fees, taxes and more here: Pay XPRESS
- Free Cloth Face Masks: To coincide with the “Masks on VT” campaign VT Emergency Management has acquired cloth face coverings and is distributing them for free around the State. One of the avenues of distribution is getting the cloth face coverings to the local level. Eden is happy to participate in this distribution and any Eden resident may pick up cloth face masks for themselves and their family by emailing email@example.com or by stopping by the Town Offices M-Th 8-4.
- Let’s Scrap Food Waste!: Starting July 1, 2020, state law (Act 148) bans all food from the landfill and your trash. Here are your options for how to meet this requirement, and how we can help: Lamoille Soil
- Highway Department Opening: Full time, seasonal position is available; for more info click this link– Employment Opportunity
- PUBLIC NOTICE – Knowles Flat Rd, Twin Culvert Site: Bridge Construction to commence on May 12th. Expect increased construction traffic and noise at this location. Established detours remain in effect until completion of this project. Public Announcement
- NOTICE: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Town is taking immediate action to mitigate the spread of the virus. For the latest information click on this link: COVID-19 Information
- NOTICE:Blakeville Rd is closed to through traffic.
- Installation of 911 Markers: The North Hyde Park/Eden Fire Dept. will be installing 911 markers at all residences in the town of Eden. This installation will take place throughout the summer, beginning the weekend of May 4th. This project will be ongoing until all residences have an identification number installed. The project is funded with monies left to the town by Eden Rescue and the American Gift Fund.
- Save $ on your electric bill…Join Eden 3E, LLC: This privately owned solar group net metering project in Eden distributes its renewable energy credits via VT Electric Coop. For more information: Join Eden 3E, LLC
- The Vermont Shoreland Protection Act went into effect on July 1, 2014. Bodies of water over 10 acres are affected by this Act. In Eden there are 11 lakes or ponds listed. More information can be found on the Vermont Dept of Environmental Conservation’s Watershed Management Division’s website.
- Current vacancies: Paid Positions: Highway Dept. (1 full time Seasonal position). Volunteer Positions: Eden Planning Commission (1 position), Eden Energy Committee (3 position). If interested in serving on a town committee, please submit a letter of interest to the Selectboard or call the town office. For the paid positions, please send a letter of interest and a current resume to the Selectboard. A job application is also required and may be picked up at the Eden Town Office.
This is the Official Municipal and Community Website for the Town of EDEN, Vermont.
We appreciate your input! Please contact us if you have comments or questions, notice an error or want to have content added, if you have photos in and around Eden you’d like to contribute, or if you would like to have your Eden business listed under our Community Pages/Businesses.
Town Office, (802) 635-2528, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for visiting the Town of Eden’s website!