WHAT’S NEW IN EDEN
- LERA Seasonal Campsite Lottery: The Lottery for the selection of seasonal campsites for the 2021 season will be held at a duly warned open meeting of the Selectboard at the LERA Campground shelter on October 6th at 6:00pm. Applications will be available after Sept. 22nd and must be returned no later than Oct. 6, by 4PM.
- General Election Ballots: For the November 3, 2020 Presidential Election, you will be receiving an absentee ballot in the mail. The ballots will be mailed by the VT Secretary of State’s office starting Sept. 21st. We strongly encourage you to review the entire ballot, make your selections and return the ballot to the Town Clerk’s office as soon as possible. The ballot may be returned, in person, to the Town Clerk’s office M-Th. 8am-4pm.
- Pay Online! The Town of Eden is happy to offer a fast, secure, convenient option to pay fees, taxes and more here: Pay XPRESS
- Free Cloth Face Masks: To coincide with the “Masks on VT” campaign VT Emergency Management has acquired cloth face coverings and is distributing them for free around the State. One of the avenues of distribution is getting the cloth face coverings to the local level. Eden is happy to participate in this distribution and any Eden resident may pick up cloth face masks for themselves and their family by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by stopping by the Town Offices M-Th 8-4.
- Be Our Voice! The Town of Eden recently joined the Lamoille FiberNet Communication Union District (LFCUD). Now we’re looking for our Rep! Interested in learning more? Read more here. Now is the time to select a Representative to be Eden’s voice at the table for Broadband discussions. Could that be You!? Contact the Town Office if so! 635-2528 or email@example.com
- Broadband Survey: Our friends at the Lamoille County Planning Commission (LCPC) have put together a survey to see who in our area gets what kind of internet service. This survey will help estimate community take rates for a new internet service and the information will be helpful in determining the feasibility of broadband deployment. Please take a moment to participate! Your input will help build a broadband deployment that benefits all. Take the survey here https://lamoille.tilsontech.com/
- Let’s Scrap Food Waste!: Starting July 1, 2020, state law (Act 148) bans all food from the landfill and your trash. Here are your options for how to meet this requirement, and how we can help: Lamoille Soil
- Highway Department Opening: Full time, seasonal position is available; for more info click this link– Employment Opportunity
- Lake Eden Recreation Area is Now Open: Due to COVID-19 restrictions the LERA playground will remain closed until further notice. No groups larger than 15 inside the shelters at a time. For latest availability call: 635-7725
- Lake Eden Association Greeter Program looking for workers: Part time help needed at Fish & Wildlife access area to greet boaters & provide information on the prevention of the spread of invasive species. Flexible hours, $11 per hour, now thru October. Contact Art Curcillo @635-9716
- PUBLIC NOTICE – Knowles Flat Rd, Twin Culvert Site: Bridge Construction to commence on May 12th. Expect increased construction traffic and noise at this location. Established detours remain in effect until completion of this project. Public Announcement
- NOTICE: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Town is taking immediate action to mitigate the spread of the virus. For the latest information click on this link: COVID-19 Information
- NOTICE:Blakeville Rd is closed to through traffic.
- Installation of 911 Markers: The North Hyde Park/Eden Fire Dept. will be installing 911 markers at all residences in the town of Eden. This installation will take place throughout the summer, beginning the weekend of May 4th. This project will be ongoing until all residences have an identification number installed. The project is funded with monies left to the town by Eden Rescue and the American Gift Fund.
- Save $ on your electric bill…Join Eden 3E, LLC: This privately owned solar group net metering project in Eden distributes its renewable energy credits via VT Electric Coop. For more information: Join Eden 3E, LLC
- Recycling Totes Available at Town Office: Starting July 1 recyclables are officially banned from landfills. To assist Eden residents in complying with these new laws we have available at the town office recycle totes in two sizes. 14 gallon totes and 16 gallon totes are available for $5 each. They can be purchased at the town office during regular business hours.
- The Vermont Shoreland Protection Act went into effect on July 1, 2014. Bodies of water over 10 acres are affected by this Act. In Eden there are 11 lakes or ponds listed. More information can be found on the Vermont Dept of Environmental Conservation’s Watershed Management Division’s website.
- Current vacancies: Paid Positions: Highway Dept. (1 full time Seasonal position), Dog Officer (2 position). Volunteer Positions: Eden Planning Commission (1 position), Eden Energy Committee (3 position). If interested in serving on a town committee, please submit a letter of interest to the Selectboard or call the town office. For the paid positions, please send a letter of interest and a current resume to the Selectboard. A job application is also required and may be picked up at the Eden Town Office.
This is the Official Municipal and Community Website for the Town of EDEN, Vermont.
We appreciate your input! Please contact us if you have comments or questions, notice an error or want to have content added, if you have photos in and around Eden you’d like to contribute, or if you would like to have your Eden business listed under our Community Pages/Businesses.
Town Office, (802) 635-2528, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for visiting the Town of Eden’s website!