WHAT’S NEW IN EDEN
- Do you have photos to share? We are looking for photos from around Eden to use on this website. Please send them to email@example.com.
Grievance meetings will begin on September 1st, 2014. For more information on the times and procedure visit the Listers page under Town Government/Boards and Commissions.
- Eden Day Celebration – September 13, 2014 at Eden Central School. Don’t miss this annual event! The Eden Day Celebration flyer on the calendar lists all the activities planned for this fun community event! Not listed, but scheduled are Softball Tournaments.
- The Listers have completed the 2014 town-wide reappraisal. For more information or to view or download lists of all the properties in town by visiting the Listers page under Town Government/Boards and Commissions for more information.
- The Listers will be updating their photo files of properties in Eden. Please check the Listers page under Town Government/Boards and Commissions for more information.
- The Vermont Shoreland Protection Act went into effect on July 1, 2014. Bodies of water over 10 acres are affected by this Act. In Eden there are 11 lakes or ponds listed. More information can be found on the Vermont Dept of Environmental Conservation’s Watershed Management Division’s website.
- The Lake Eden Recreation Area is now open for campers and swimmers. Make your reservations for the shelters for family get-togethers or for camping at this beautiful spot. Call (802) 635-7725 for reservations. Lifeguards are needed!
- If anyone is interested in being on a newly forming Energy Committee, please contact the Selectboard at (802) 635-2528.
- The Town of Eden received a Better Backroads Grant from the State for stone-lining a portion of the ditch along East Hill Road. This Boomhower Brook Phase 4 project is a continuation of the grants received in 2005, 2010, and 2012 (Phases 1, 2, and 3).
- The Town of Eden received a Class 2 Grant for repaving a portion of North Road. The bid has been awarded to Pike Industries, and work will start in the near future.
- An Eden correspondent is needed for the Eden News column in the News & Citizen. Contact the News & Citizen or the Eden Selectboard for more information.
- Current vacancies: Eden Town Planning Commission; and Beach Committee.
- The Town of Eden has received a grant to convert the paper parcel maps into a GIS (geographical information system) format in conformance with State requirements.
- The North Hyde Park/Eden Fire Department is requesting Eden residents to have 9-1-1 signs installed. Numbers and signs can be purchased at the Town Clerk’s Office.
- Check out the Calendar page for information on board and committee meetings, plus community events. If you notice an error in the date or time of a meeting or event, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we may correct it.
- Be sure to join the Eden/Lowell Front Porch Forum. The link can be found on the Front Porch Forum page under the Community tab.
This is the “New” Official Municipal and Community Website for the Town of EDEN, Vermont
We would appreciate your input.
If you have comments or questions or notice an error, or
if you would like to have content added, or
if you have photos in and around Eden you’d like to contribute, or
if you would like to have your Eden business listed under our Community Pages/Businesses,
Check back often for updated information, community events, agendas, and minutes of the boards and commissions.
Thank you for visiting the Town of Eden’s new website!