WHAT’S NEW IN EDEN
- Request for Proposal – Generator for Town Clerk’s Office: Eden received a grant to install a generator at the Town Clerk’s Office. We will be accepting bids based on the RFP below until 2PM on Wednesday, May 18, 2016. Click on these links to view the RFP notice and bid documents: Posted Notice RFP 5-3-16 Request for Proposal 4-27-16
- Seasonal Job Opportunity at Lake Eden Recreation Area: Looking for lake certified life guards for the summer, 2016 season (Memorial Day to Labor Day). Contact Jackie at 635-7210 for more information.
- Dog Licensing Due April 1st: It is time to license your dog. State law requires that all dogs must be licensed by April 1st.
- Town Meeting was held on Tuesday, March 1, 2016 beginning at 9AM at Eden Central School on Knowles Flat Rd. The Town meeting started at 9AM and the School meeting at 1PM. On this day, voters also cast their ballots for the Lamoille Union School District #18 Budget and Presidential Candidates. Please visit the Elections page to view the warnings, sample ballots and the results of these meetings/votes.
- Act 46 and how it will affect Eden residents and taxpayers: To stay abreast of all the latest information available on Act 46 and how it may affect the residents and taxpayers of Eden, please visit the LNSU Act 46 site.
- Recycling Totes Available at Town Office: Starting July 1 recyclables are officially banned from landfills. To assist Eden residents in complying with these new laws we have available at the town office recycle totes in two sizes. 14 gallon totes are available for $6 and 16 gallon totes are available for $8. They can be purchased at the town office during regular business hours.
- Selectboard Changes Day of Regular Meetings: The Eden Selectboard will now meet on the second and fourth Monday of each month at 6PM.
- Do you have photos to share? We are looking for photos from around Eden to use on this website. Please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Vermont Shoreland Protection Act went into effect on July 1, 2014. Bodies of water over 10 acres are affected by this Act. In Eden there are 11 lakes or ponds listed. More information can be found on the Vermont Dept of Environmental Conservation’s Watershed Management Division’s website.
- An Eden correspondent is needed for the Eden News column in the News & Citizen. Contact the News & Citizen or the Eden Selectboard for more information.
- Current vacancies: Lister; Eden Cemetery Commission. If interested, please submit a letter of interest to the Selectboard or call the town office.
- The North Hyde Park/Eden Fire Department is requesting Eden residents to have 9-1-1 signs installed. Numbers and signs can be purchased at the Town Clerk’s Office.Check out the Calendar page for information on board and committee meetings, plus community events. If you notice an error in the date or time of a meeting or event, please send an email to email@example.com so we may correct it.
- Be sure to join the Eden/Lowell Front Porch Forum. The link can be found on the Front Porch Forum page under the Community tab.
This is the “New” Official Municipal and Community Website for the Town of EDEN, Vermont
We would appreciate your input.
If you have comments or questions or notice an error, or
if you would like to have content added, or
if you have photos in and around Eden you’d like to contribute, or
if you would like to have your Eden business listed under our Community Pages/Businesses,
Check back often for updated information, community events, agendas, and minutes of the boards and commissions.
Thank you for visiting the Town of Eden’s new website!