WHAT’S NEW IN EDEN
- Seeking Bids for Roadside Mowing: If interested, please click on this link: Roadside Mowing.
- Swim Lessons at Lake Eden: NEK Swim LLC will provide swim lessons at Lake Eden. Swim lessons are FREE for Eden residents. Out of town residents only $100 for 10 lessons. Week of June 26th and July 10th. Visit www.NEKswim.com for details and to sign up.
- Eden Youth Sports – Early Registration for Soccer and their NEW Cheerleading Program: Click on this link to read about these programs. Are You Ready?? Be sure to complete the Youth Player Registration Form & Player/Parent Agreement when signing up for either of these programs.
- Highway Dept Job Opening: Full time position available immediately for an experienced Laborer/Truck Driver/Equipment Operator. Knowledge of road maintenance practices preferred but will train the right person. Class B CDL is required. Applications are available at the Town Clerk’s Office and will be accepted until May 22, 2017. Rate of pay will depend upon experience. The Town of Eden is an equal opportunity Employer.
- Dog Licenses due April 1st: State law requires that all dogs be licensed by April 1st. For your convenience, Eden will register dogs on Monday, April 3rd with no late fees charged. Late fees will be charged after April 3rd and canvasing of the town for unlicensed dogs will commence soon after this date.
- 2016 Eden Planning Commission Survey Results: Survey results are available at the town office, will be available at town meeting or you can view the results here: 2016 Community Survey Results.
- Lake Eden Recreation Area: Anyone with reservations for campsites or shelters should contact new managers, Bob & Jeanne Spaulding at 635-7725 or 888-4050 to confirm your reservation.
- Recycling Totes Available at Town Office: Starting July 1 recyclables are officially banned from landfills. To assist Eden residents in complying with these new laws we have available at the town office recycle totes in two sizes. 14 gallon totes and 16 gallon totes are available for $5 each. They can be purchased at the town office during regular business hours.
- Do you have photos to share? We are looking for photos from around Eden to use on this website. Please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Vermont Shoreland Protection Act went into effect on July 1, 2014. Bodies of water over 10 acres are affected by this Act. In Eden there are 11 lakes or ponds listed. More information can be found on the Vermont Dept of Environmental Conservation’s Watershed Management Division’s website.
- Current vacancies: Eden Planning Commission (2 positions). If interested in serving on a town committee, please submit a letter of interest to the Selectboard or call the town office.
- The North Hyde Park/Eden Fire Department is requesting Eden residents to have 9-1-1 signs installed. Numbers and signs can be purchased at the Town Clerk’s Office.
- Check out the Calendar page for information on board and committee meetings, plus community events. If you notice an error in the date or time of a meeting or event, please send an email to email@example.com so we may correct it.
- Be sure to join the Eden/Lowell Front Porch Forum. The link can be found on the Front Porch Forum page under the Community tab.
This is the Official Municipal and Community Website for the Town of EDEN, Vermont.
We would appreciate your input.
If you have comments or questions or notice an error, or
if you would like to have content added, or
if you have photos in and around Eden you’d like to contribute, or
if you would like to have your Eden business listed under our Community Pages/Businesses,
Check back often for updated information, community events, agendas, and minutes of the boards and commissions.
Thank you for visiting the Town of Eden’s new website!