WHAT’S NEW IN EDEN
- Special/Rescheduled Mtgs: Selectboard: Special Meetings on November 26th @5PM @town office to meet with town attorney and December 4th @6:30PM @ECS to meet with EYSC. The December 24th meeting has been rescheduled to December 26th @6PM @town office. Eden Planning Commission: November & December meetings postponed until January 2019.
- Winter Parking Ban: Effective immediately until April 15, 2019. To few the details click on this link: Winter Parking Ban
- Vermont General Election: For results of Tuesday’s, November 6, 2018 General Election click on this link: Election Results
- Save $ on your electric bill…Join Eden 3E, LLC: This privately owned solar group net metering project in Eden distributes its renewable energy credits via VT Electric Coop. For more information: Join Eden 3E, LLC
- LERA Manager for 2019 Season: Eden is seeking applications for the manager position for 2019. For more information: Manager Wanted 10-2018
- Public Notice – Road Closure: Traffic may now travel White Rd to Knowles Flat Rd from either RT100 or RT118. The road remains closed between RT100/Knowles Flat Rd and White Rd/Knowles Flat Rd intersections. We regret & apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause. To see the complete notice, click on this link: Radio Public Announcment 10-8-18
- Public Information on Bridge 23: On October 23rd VTrans made a presentation at the Eden Town Office during the regular Selectboard meeting. VTrans and Town of Eden discussed the Bridge Replacement Project on TH#13, Knowles Flat Rd (Twin Culvert Site). To view the project fact sheet, click on this link: Eden Bridge 23 and a copy of the scoping report may be viewed online at: https://outside.vermont.gov/agency/vtrans/external/Projects/Structures/16J176
- Dog Licenses due April 1st: State law requires that all dogs be licensed by April 1st. Eden Dog Officers are currently canvassing the town for unlicensed dogs. Warnings and fines will be issued for non-compliance to the dog ordinance.
- Recycling Totes Available at Town Office: Starting July 1 recyclables are officially banned from landfills. To assist Eden residents in complying with these new laws we have available at the town office recycle totes in two sizes. 14 gallon totes and 16 gallon totes are available for $5 each. They can be purchased at the town office during regular business hours.
- Do you have photos to share? We are looking for photos from around Eden to use on this website. Please send them to email@example.com
- The Vermont Shoreland Protection Act went into effect on July 1, 2014. Bodies of water over 10 acres are affected by this Act. In Eden there are 11 lakes or ponds listed. More information can be found on the Vermont Dept of Environmental Conservation’s Watershed Management Division’s website.
- Current vacancies: LERA Managers, Eden Lister (1 position), Eden Energy Committee (1 position), Eden Youth Sports Committee (1 positions), Eden Planning Commission (1 position), Highway Dept. (1 position). If interested in serving on a town committee, please submit a letter of interest to the Selectboard or call the town office. A job application is required for the highway position and may be picked up at the Eden Town Office.
- 9-1-1 Signage: The North Hyde Park/Eden Fire Department is working with the Town to install 9-1-1 signs at all Eden residences. The first phase of the project will have numbers and signs installed at residences along RT100. Additional roads may be added if time allows. This project will be ongoing until all residences have an identification number installed. The project is funded with monies left to the town by Eden Rescue and the American Gift Fund.
- Check out the Calendar page for information on board and committee meetings, plus community events. If you notice an error in the date or time of a meeting or event, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we may correct it.
- Be sure to join the Eden/Lowell Front Porch Forum. The link can be found on the Front Porch Forum page under the Community tab.
This is the Official Municipal and Community Website for the Town of EDEN, Vermont.
We would appreciate your input.
If you have comments or questions or notice an error, or
if you would like to have content added, or
if you have photos in and around Eden you’d like to contribute, or
if you would like to have your Eden business listed under our Community Pages/Businesses,
Check back often for updated information, community events, agendas, and minutes of the boards and commissions.
Thank you for visiting the Town of Eden’s website!