WHAT’S NEW IN EDEN
- May 25th Selectboard meeting changed: Due to the Memorial Day holiday the regular Selectboard meeting scheduled for Monday, May 25th has been changed to Tuesday, May 26th at 6PM.
- Lake Eden Association Greeter Program looking to hire greeters: Anyone interested in working for the Lake Eden Association Greeter Program should contact Gary Durett at 802-760-0841 by May 15th. Greeters work a varied schedule at the fishing access at the head of Lake Eden. They greet boaters providing information on invasive species and the importance of cleaning your watercraft when leaving a lake/pond. Position is a great summer job opportunity for the high school student or those retired and looking for some part time work.
- Volunteer Invasive Patrol Seminar is scheduled for Saturday, June 6 at Eden Central School from 9AM to Noon. This course will educate those wishing to volunteer as a patroller on Lake Eden or the average citizen looking maintain the quality of Lake Eden in identifying, collecting and submitting invasive species. This class is open to all, free of charge. For more information, please contact Mary Lou Durett at 802-760-0811.
- Lost Pet: On Saturday, March 28th at the Eden Town Garage, Tammy Fletcher’s gray-white tabby cat with green eyes and a white bib, got away from her during the rabies clinic. If anyone has spotted “Stevie Wonderful”, please contact Tammy at 635-7374.
- Selectboard Special Meetings: The Selectboard will hold a special meeting on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 at the town office to open bids for the Whitney Lane bridge project. Due to the school informational meeting scheduled for April 27th at 6PM, the Selectboard changed its regular meeting scheduled for April 27th to April 29th directly following the bid opening.
- Selectboard Changes Day of Regular Meetings: The Eden Selectboard will now meet on the second and fourth Monday of each month at 6PM.
- Do you have photos to share? We are looking for photos from around Eden to use on this website. Please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Listers have completed the 2014 town-wide reappraisal. For more information or to view or download lists of all the properties in town by visiting the Listers page under Town Government/Boards and Commissions for more information.
- The Vermont Shoreland Protection Act went into effect on July 1, 2014. Bodies of water over 10 acres are affected by this Act. In Eden there are 11 lakes or ponds listed. More information can be found on the Vermont Dept of Environmental Conservation’s Watershed Management Division’s website.The Town of Eden received a Better Backroads Grant from the State for stone-lining a portion of the ditch along East Hill Road. This Boomhower Brook Phase 4 project is a continuation of the grants received in 2005, 2010, and 2012 (Phases 1, 2, and 3). Whitney Lane bridge replacement is slated to start summer, 2015.
- An Eden correspondent is needed for the Eden News column in the News & Citizen. Contact the News & Citizen or the Eden Selectboard for more information.
- Current vacancies: Animal Control Officer; Lister; Auditor; Eden Youth Sports Committee; Eden Planning Commission. If interested, please submit a letter of interest to the Selectboard or call the town office.
- The North Hyde Park/Eden Fire Department is requesting Eden residents to have 9-1-1 signs installed. Numbers and signs can be purchased at the Town Clerk’s Office.Check out the Calendar page for information on board and committee meetings, plus community events. If you notice an error in the date or time of a meeting or event, please send an email to email@example.com so we may correct it.
- Be sure to join the Eden/Lowell Front Porch Forum. The link can be found on the Front Porch Forum page under the Community tab.
This is the “New” Official Municipal and Community Website for the Town of EDEN, Vermont
We would appreciate your input.
If you have comments or questions or notice an error, or
if you would like to have content added, or
if you have photos in and around Eden you’d like to contribute, or
if you would like to have your Eden business listed under our Community Pages/Businesses,
Check back often for updated information, community events, agendas, and minutes of the boards and commissions.
Thank you for visiting the Town of Eden’s new website!