WHAT’S NEW IN EDEN
- Lamoille Union School District #18 Annual Meeting will be held on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 at 7PM. This meeting is held at the Green Mountain Technology & Career Center Community Education Center in Hyde Park, VT. To view the warning for this meeting, please visit the Elections page.
- Town Meeting is on Tuesday, March 1, 2016 beginning at 9AM at Eden Central School on Knowles Flat Rd. The Town meeting starts at 9AM and the School meeting at 1PM. On this day, voters may also cast their ballots for the Lamoille Union School District #18 Budget and Presidential Candidates. Please visit the Elections page to view the warnings of these meetings and sample ballots
- Eden Planning Commission changes the date of its next regular meeting: Due to the Presidents Day holiday, the next regular meeting will be held on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 3PM at the Eden town office.
- Board of Abatement Meeting: The Board of Abatement will meet on February 22, 2016 at 5:30PM at the Eden town office to hear one abatement – Harold Earle.
- Annual Rabies Clinic: The annual rabies clinic has been scheduled for Saturday, March 26, 2016 from 12:30PM to 1:30PM at the Eden Town Garage. The town office will also be open during this time for registration of dogs. Other rabies clinic in surrounding communities may be found at 2016 Rabies Clinics.
- Act 46 and how it will affect Eden residents and taxpayers: To stay abreast of all the latest information available on Act 46 and how it may affect the residents and taxpayers of Eden, please visit the LNSU Act 46 site.
- Winter Parking Ban: This ban goes into effect immediately and continues through April 15, 2016. Vehicles shall not be left on Town highway, in the Town right-of-way, or in Town turn-arounds during the period of the Winter Parking Ban. Vehicles in violation of the Winter Parking Ban will be towed at the owners expense. Property within the road right-of-way (24’9″ from road center in each direction) is in danger of damage during snowplowing season. Fences or barriers within this right-of-way will be the responsibility of the landowner. Trees or brush within the right-of-way interfering with snow removal operations will be cut and removed. Residential and commercial snow removal operators will not be allowed to move snow from driveways or side roads into or across Town road right-of-ways. Residents will have access to the Town sand pile for in-Town use only — not for resale. Your cooperation with the above requests will be appreciated.
- Recycling Totes Available at Town Office: Starting July 1 recyclables are officially banned from landfills. To assist Eden residents in complying with these new laws we have available at the town office recycle totes in two sizes. 14 gallon totes are available for $6 and 16 gallon totes are available for $8. They can be purchased at the town office during regular business hours.
- Selectboard Changes Day of Regular Meetings: The Eden Selectboard will now meet on the second and fourth Monday of each month at 6PM.
- Do you have photos to share? We are looking for photos from around Eden to use on this website. Please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Vermont Shoreland Protection Act went into effect on July 1, 2014. Bodies of water over 10 acres are affected by this Act. In Eden there are 11 lakes or ponds listed. More information can be found on the Vermont Dept of Environmental Conservation’s Watershed Management Division’s website.The Town of Eden received a Better Backroads Grant from the State for stone-lining a portion of the ditch along East Hill Road. This Boomhower Brook Phase 4 project is a continuation of the grants received in 2005, 2010, and 2012 (Phases 1, 2, and 3). Whitney Lane bridge replacement is slated to start summer, 2015.An Eden correspondent is needed for the Eden News column in the News & Citizen. Contact the News & Citizen or the Eden Selectboard for more information.
- Current vacancies: Town Agent; Lister; Eden Energy Committee. If interested, please submit a letter of interest to the Selectboard or call the town office.
- The North Hyde Park/Eden Fire Department is requesting Eden residents to have 9-1-1 signs installed. Numbers and signs can be purchased at the Town Clerk’s Office.Check out the Calendar page for information on board and committee meetings, plus community events. If you notice an error in the date or time of a meeting or event, please send an email to email@example.com so we may correct it.
- Be sure to join the Eden/Lowell Front Porch Forum. The link can be found on the Front Porch Forum page under the Community tab.
This is the “New” Official Municipal and Community Website for the Town of EDEN, Vermont
We would appreciate your input.
If you have comments or questions or notice an error, or
if you would like to have content added, or
if you have photos in and around Eden you’d like to contribute, or
if you would like to have your Eden business listed under our Community Pages/Businesses,
Check back often for updated information, community events, agendas, and minutes of the boards and commissions.
Thank you for visiting the Town of Eden’s new website!