WHAT’S NEW IN EDEN
- Change of Date-Selectboard Mtg: The August 27, 2018 regular Selectboard meeting has been changed to Tuesday, August 28, 2018 at 6PM.
- Please help reduce your municipal budget: What if one email might help reduce our municipal budget, would you send one?? Money from a settlement at the asbestos mine is coming our way. The ANR and Fish & Wildlife propose to spend 84% on a project that is not a priority for the town. Please send an email to Lauren Bennett at email@example.com and ask them to support the position of the Eden Selectboard. The deadline is August 17th. Please help!!
- Democratic Town Caucus: Thursday, August 16th @4PM @ Eden Town Office Democratic Party Caucus
- Public Comment on State Recommendation of VAG Remediation Settlement Fund Spending in Eden: Public Notice 7-9-18 Eden officials, with other county support submitted it’s list of priority projects which could benefit from these funds. Input was also provided by other agencies. The State of VT and US Fish & Wildlife (trustees) have now presented its plan on how to spend the settlement monies. Please review the draft plan and to voice your opinion on how these monies would best benefit Eden send a written comment to the State at the address listed in the public notice. Public Notice and VAG Draft Plan 7-2018
- Lifeguard Needed: Waterfront certified lifeguard needed for Lake Eden Recreation Area. June 15th to September 4th. Two Shifts available. Contact Eden Town Office @635-2528 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Public Notice – Road Closure: TH#13, Knowles Flat Rd will remain closed to through traffic with established detours. Construction at the western site has commenced. Please use caution when traveling in these areas. We regret & apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause. To see the complete notice, click on this link: Public Announcment 6-27-18
- Public Information on Bridge 23: On October 23rd VTrans made a presentation at the Eden Town Office during the regular Selectboard meeting. VTrans and Town of Eden discussed the Bridge Replacement Project on TH#13, Knowles Flat Rd (Twin Culvert Site). To view the project fact sheet, click on this link: Eden Bridge 23 and a copy of the scoping report may be viewed online at: https://outside.vermont.gov/agency/vtrans/external/Projects/Structures/16J176
- Dog Licenses due April 1st: State law requires that all dogs be licensed by April 1st. Eden Dog Officers are currently canvassing the town for unlicensed dogs. Warnings and fines will be issued for non-compliance to the dog ordinance.
- Recycling Totes Available at Town Office: Starting July 1 recyclables are officially banned from landfills. To assist Eden residents in complying with these new laws we have available at the town office recycle totes in two sizes. 14 gallon totes and 16 gallon totes are available for $5 each. They can be purchased at the town office during regular business hours.
- Do you have photos to share? We are looking for photos from around Eden to use on this website. Please send them to email@example.com.
- The Vermont Shoreland Protection Act went into effect on July 1, 2014. Bodies of water over 10 acres are affected by this Act. In Eden there are 11 lakes or ponds listed. More information can be found on the Vermont Dept of Environmental Conservation’s Watershed Management Division’s website.
- Current vacancies: Eden Lister (1 position), Eden Energy Committee (1 position), Eden Youth Sports Committee (2 positions), Eden Planning Commission (1 position), Highway Dept. (1 position). If interested in serving on a town committee, please submit a letter of interest to the Selectboard or call the town office. A job application is required for the highway position and may be picked up at the Eden Town Office.
- 9-1-1 Signage: The North Hyde Park/Eden Fire Department is working with the Town to install 9-1-1 signs at all Eden residences. The first phase of the project will have numbers and signs installed at residences along RT100. Additional roads may be added if time allows. This project will be ongoing until all residences have an identification number installed. The project is funded with monies left to the town by Eden Rescue and the American Gift Fund.
- Check out the Calendar page for information on board and committee meetings, plus community events. If you notice an error in the date or time of a meeting or event, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we may correct it.
- Be sure to join the Eden/Lowell Front Porch Forum. The link can be found on the Front Porch Forum page under the Community tab.
This is the Official Municipal and Community Website for the Town of EDEN, Vermont.
We would appreciate your input.
If you have comments or questions or notice an error, or
if you would like to have content added, or
if you have photos in and around Eden you’d like to contribute, or
if you would like to have your Eden business listed under our Community Pages/Businesses,
Check back often for updated information, community events, agendas, and minutes of the boards and commissions.
Thank you for visiting the Town of Eden’s new website!