WHAT’S NEW IN EDEN
- Public Notice – Road Closure: TH#13, Knowles Flat Rd will remain closed to through traffic with established detours. Construction will begin as soon as permits and weather allow in spring, 2018. We regret & apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause. To see the complete notice, click on this link: Public Notice
- Snow Plow Services @ Town Office: Snow plow services are needed at the town office for the upcoming winter season. This includes plowing of handicap parking lot, access to gas tank, back entry and bulkhead. Bids should include cost to shovel and sand/salt town office steps, walkway & handicap ramp before opening at 8AM. Sand & salt available at town garage. If interested, please submit a bid by season cost (Nov 1, 2017 to Oct 31, 2018). Proof of $1M general liability insurance must be included with bid. Sealed bids accepted at the town office until 4PM on October 23, 2017. Bids will be opened at the regular Selectboard meeting at 6PM.
- Notice of Public Hearing: Monday, October 23rd at the Eden Town Office during the regular Selectboard meeting @6PM. VTrans and Town of Eden will discuss the Bridge Replacement Project on TH#13, Knowles Flat Rd (Twin Culvert Site). A copy of the scoping report may be viewed online at: https://outside.vermont.gov/agency/vtrans/external/Projects/Structures/16J176 or copies may be picked up at the town office.
- Special Selectboard Meeting/Change of date Regular Selectboard Mtg: A special meeting has been scheduled for 5PM on Monday, October 23, 2017 at Lake Eden Recreation Area to conduct the annual fall walk through prior to closing for the season. The regular meeting scheduled for Monday, October 23, 2017 at 6PM will begin directly following the walk through. This meeting will be at the Eden Town Office.
- Democratic Caucus: Current & future party members are asked to meet on Wednesday, October 25th at 4PM at the Eden Town Office for an organizational meeting.
- Highway Dept Job Opening: Full time position available immediately for an experienced Laborer/Truck Driver/Equipment Operator. Knowledge of road maintenance practices preferred but will train the right person. Class B CDL is required. Applications are available at the Town Clerk’s Office and will be accepted until May 22, 2017. Rate of pay will depend upon experience. The Town of Eden is an equal opportunity Employer.
- Dog Licenses due April 1st: State law requires that all dogs be licensed by April 1st. For your convenience, Eden will register dogs on Monday, April 3rd with no late fees charged. Late fees will be charged after April 3rd and canvasing of the town for unlicensed dogs will commence soon after this date.
- 2016 Eden Planning Commission Survey Results: Survey results are available at the town office, will be available at town meeting or you can view the results here: 2016 Community Survey Results.
- Recycling Totes Available at Town Office: Starting July 1 recyclables are officially banned from landfills. To assist Eden residents in complying with these new laws we have available at the town office recycle totes in two sizes. 14 gallon totes and 16 gallon totes are available for $5 each. They can be purchased at the town office during regular business hours.
- Do you have photos to share? We are looking for photos from around Eden to use on this website. Please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Vermont Shoreland Protection Act went into effect on July 1, 2014. Bodies of water over 10 acres are affected by this Act. In Eden there are 11 lakes or ponds listed. More information can be found on the Vermont Dept of Environmental Conservation’s Watershed Management Division’s website.
- Current vacancies: Eden Planning Commission (1 position). If interested in serving on a town committee, please submit a letter of interest to the Selectboard or call the town office.
- The North Hyde Park/Eden Fire Department is working with the Town to install 9-1-1 signs at all Eden residences. The first phase of the project will have numbers and signs installed at residences along RT100. Additional roads may be added if time allows. This project will be ongoing until all residences have an identification number installed. The project is funded with monies left to the town by Eden Rescue and the American Gift Fund.
- Check out the Calendar page for information on board and committee meetings, plus community events. If you notice an error in the date or time of a meeting or event, please send an email to email@example.com so we may correct it.
- Be sure to join the Eden/Lowell Front Porch Forum. The link can be found on the Front Porch Forum page under the Community tab.
This is the Official Municipal and Community Website for the Town of EDEN, Vermont.
We would appreciate your input.
If you have comments or questions or notice an error, or
if you would like to have content added, or
if you have photos in and around Eden you’d like to contribute, or
if you would like to have your Eden business listed under our Community Pages/Businesses,
Check back often for updated information, community events, agendas, and minutes of the boards and commissions.
Thank you for visiting the Town of Eden’s new website!