WHAT’S NEW IN EDEN
- Dog Licenses due April 1st: State law requires that all dogs be licensed by April 1st. For your convenience, Eden will register dogs on Monday, April 3rd with no late fees charged. Late fees will be charged after April 3rd and canvasing of the town for unlicensed dogs will commence soon after this date.
- Eden Planning Commission Meeting Rescheduled: The regular EPC meeting scheduled for April 17th has been rescheduled to April 10th at 2PM at the Town Office.
- Spring Road Postings: Effective March 8, 2017 to May 1, 2017, due to spring road conditions East Hill Rd, North Rd, Ober Hill Rd., White Rd and Crooks Rd have been posted to restricted travel. Click here to view the Resolution and Notice: Spring Road Posting
- Lifeguards Needed: Employment opportunity at Lake Eden Recreation for the summer season. For information on the dates, schedules and free training at Smugglers Notch, view this link: Lifeguard Employment Flyer.
- EYSC: Welcome to Baseball Season. For information on this program and to register your child, please view this link: Eden Little League Baseball Registration 2017
- 2016 Eden Planning Commission Survey Results: Survey results are available at the town office, will be available at town meeting or you can view the results here: 2016 Community Survey Results.
- Lake Eden Recreation Area: Anyone with reservations for campsites or shelters should contact new managers, Bob & Jeanne Spaulding at 635-7725 or 888-4050 to confirm your reservation.
- Winter Parking Ban: The Winter Parking Ban is now in affect until April 15, 2017. View the entire notice here: 2016-2017-winter-parking-ban
- Recycling Totes Available at Town Office: Starting July 1 recyclables are officially banned from landfills. To assist Eden residents in complying with these new laws we have available at the town office recycle totes in two sizes. 14 gallon totes and 16 gallon totes are available for $5 each. They can be purchased at the town office during regular business hours.
- Do you have photos to share? We are looking for photos from around Eden to use on this website. Please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Vermont Shoreland Protection Act went into effect on July 1, 2014. Bodies of water over 10 acres are affected by this Act. In Eden there are 11 lakes or ponds listed. More information can be found on the Vermont Dept of Environmental Conservation’s Watershed Management Division’s website.
- Current vacancies: Eden Planning Commission (2 positions). If interested in serving on a town committee, please submit a letter of interest to the Selectboard or call the town office.
- The North Hyde Park/Eden Fire Department is requesting Eden residents to have 9-1-1 signs installed. Numbers and signs can be purchased at the Town Clerk’s Office.Check out the Calendar page for information on board and committee meetings, plus community events. If you notice an error in the date or time of a meeting or event, please send an email to email@example.com so we may correct it.
- Be sure to join the Eden/Lowell Front Porch Forum. The link can be found on the Front Porch Forum page under the Community tab.
This is the Official Municipal and Community Website for the Town of EDEN, Vermont.
We would appreciate your input.
If you have comments or questions or notice an error, or
if you would like to have content added, or
if you have photos in and around Eden you’d like to contribute, or
if you would like to have your Eden business listed under our Community Pages/Businesses,
Check back often for updated information, community events, agendas, and minutes of the boards and commissions.
Thank you for visiting the Town of Eden’s new website!