WHAT’S NEW IN EDEN
- Notice of Vacancy: The Town of Eden is looking for interested parties to serve on the Eden Youth Sports Committee. Anyone interested can contact the Town Clerk’s Office at 71 Old Schoolhouse Rd, Eden Mills, VT 05653 or by calling 635-2528.
- Soccer Sign-ups: Eden Youth Sports Committee is now accepting registrations for soccer. Forms are available at Announcements – Eden Youth Sports.
- Dog Licensing Due April 1st: It is time to license your dog. State law requires that all dogs must be licensed by April 1st.
- Town Meeting was held on Tuesday, March 1, 2016 beginning at 9AM at Eden Central School on Knowles Flat Rd. The Town meeting started at 9AM and the School meeting at 1PM. On this day, voters also cast their ballots for the Lamoille Union School District #18 Budget and Presidential Candidates. Please visit the Elections page to view the warnings, sample ballots and the results of these meetings/votes.
- Recycling Totes Available at Town Office: Starting July 1 recyclables are officially banned from landfills. To assist Eden residents in complying with these new laws we have available at the town office recycle totes in two sizes. 14 gallon totes are available for $6 and 16 gallon totes are available for $8. They can be purchased at the town office during regular business hours.
- Selectboard Changes Day of Regular Meetings: The Eden Selectboard will now meet on the second and fourth Monday of each month at 6PM.
- Do you have photos to share? We are looking for photos from around Eden to use on this website. Please send them to email@example.com.
- The Vermont Shoreland Protection Act went into effect on July 1, 2014. Bodies of water over 10 acres are affected by this Act. In Eden there are 11 lakes or ponds listed. More information can be found on the Vermont Dept of Environmental Conservation’s Watershed Management Division’s website.
- An Eden correspondent is needed for the Eden News column in the News & Citizen. Contact the News & Citizen or the Eden Selectboard for more information.
- Current vacancies: Lister; Eden Cemetery Commission. If interested, please submit a letter of interest to the Selectboard or call the town office.
- The North Hyde Park/Eden Fire Department is requesting Eden residents to have 9-1-1 signs installed. Numbers and signs can be purchased at the Town Clerk’s Office.Check out the Calendar page for information on board and committee meetings, plus community events. If you notice an error in the date or time of a meeting or event, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we may correct it.
- Be sure to join the Eden/Lowell Front Porch Forum. The link can be found on the Front Porch Forum page under the Community tab.
This is the “New” Official Municipal and Community Website for the Town of EDEN, Vermont
We would appreciate your input.
If you have comments or questions or notice an error, or
if you would like to have content added, or
if you have photos in and around Eden you’d like to contribute, or
if you would like to have your Eden business listed under our Community Pages/Businesses,
Check back often for updated information, community events, agendas, and minutes of the boards and commissions.
Thank you for visiting the Town of Eden’s new website!