WHAT’S NEW IN EDEN
- October 12, 2015 Selectboard Meeting Rescheduled: The regular Selectboard meeting scheduled for October 12, 2015 has been changed to October 5, 2015 directly following the beach lottery @6PM.
- Looking for bids to plow town office for 15/16 winter season: The Town of Eden is looking for bids to plow the handicap parking lot, the access to the gas tank, back porch and the bulkhead. Bids should include cost to shovel and sand/salt the town office steps, walkway and handicap ramp before opening at 8AM. Sand & salt are available at the town garage. Submit bids by season cost (Nov 1, 2015 to Oct 31, 2016). Proof of $1M general liability insurance must be included with bid. Bids should be in the town clerk’s office by Oct 22, 2015 @4PM.
- Lake Eden Recreation Area Seasonal Campsite Lottery: The Selectboard will now be accepting applications for all seasonal campsites for the 2016 season. Lottery rules and applications are available at the Eden Town Clerk’s Office. Only official lottery applications will be accepted thru October 1, 2015 at 4PM and opened on Monday, October 5, 2015 at a special Selectboard meeting held at the Town Clerk’s Office at 6PM. Everyone must be present or designate a representative to act on their behalf.
- Employment Opportunity with Lake Eden Greeter Program: Looking for Part Time help to work at Lake Eden Fish & Wildlife Access greeting boaters and providing information on the prevention of the spread of invasive species. Positions available now until mid October. Flexible hours with a pay rate of $10 per hour. Contact Art Curcillo at 635-9716. The Town of Eden is an equal opportunity employer.
- Recycling Totes Available at Town Office: Starting July 1 recyclables are officially banned from landfills. To assist Eden residents in complying with these new laws we have available at the town office recycle totes in two sizes. 14 gallon totes are available for $6 and 16 gallon totes are available for $8. They can be purchased at the town office during regular business hours.
- Selectboard Changes Day of Regular Meetings: The Eden Selectboard will now meet on the second and fourth Monday of each month at 6PM.
- Do you have photos to share? We are looking for photos from around Eden to use on this website. Please send them to email@example.com.
- The Vermont Shoreland Protection Act went into effect on July 1, 2014. Bodies of water over 10 acres are affected by this Act. In Eden there are 11 lakes or ponds listed. More information can be found on the Vermont Dept of Environmental Conservation’s Watershed Management Division’s website.The Town of Eden received a Better Backroads Grant from the State for stone-lining a portion of the ditch along East Hill Road. This Boomhower Brook Phase 4 project is a continuation of the grants received in 2005, 2010, and 2012 (Phases 1, 2, and 3). Whitney Lane bridge replacement is slated to start summer, 2015.An Eden correspondent is needed for the Eden News column in the News & Citizen. Contact the News & Citizen or the Eden Selectboard for more information.
- Current vacancies: Town Agent; Lister; Eden Planning Commission. If interested, please submit a letter of interest to the Selectboard or call the town office.
- The North Hyde Park/Eden Fire Department is requesting Eden residents to have 9-1-1 signs installed. Numbers and signs can be purchased at the Town Clerk’s Office.Check out the Calendar page for information on board and committee meetings, plus community events. If you notice an error in the date or time of a meeting or event, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we may correct it.
- Be sure to join the Eden/Lowell Front Porch Forum. The link can be found on the Front Porch Forum page under the Community tab.
This is the “New” Official Municipal and Community Website for the Town of EDEN, Vermont
We would appreciate your input.
If you have comments or questions or notice an error, or
if you would like to have content added, or
if you have photos in and around Eden you’d like to contribute, or
if you would like to have your Eden business listed under our Community Pages/Businesses,
Check back often for updated information, community events, agendas, and minutes of the boards and commissions.
Thank you for visiting the Town of Eden’s new website!