WHAT’S NEW IN EDEN
- LERA Spring Seasonal Campsite Lottery: Applications now being accepted for the 6 open campsites at Lake Eden Recreation Area for the 2018 season. Lottery rules & applications are available at the Eden Town Office (stop in or call) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only official lottery applications will be accepted thru Monday, April 23rd at 4PM. Applications will be opened at a duly warned Selectboard meeting that day at 6PM. You must be present or designate a representative to act upon your behalf. For more information: LERA Spring Seasonal Campsite Lottery
- Seasonal Road Posting: On February 27th a resolution was passed to post East Hill Rd, North Rd, White Rd and Blakeville Rd due to spring conditions. Resolution 2-27-18 Notice of Road Posting 2-27-18
- Eden Planning Commission Meeting Rescheduled: The monthly meeting originally scheduled for February 19th, rescheduled to February 26th has been cancelled. The next regular meeting of the Eden Planning Commission will be on Monday, March 12, 2018 at 4PM at the Eden Town Office.
- Public Notice – Road Closure: TH#13, Knowles Flat Rd will remain closed to through traffic with established detours. Construction will begin as soon as permits and weather allow in spring, 2018. We regret & apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause. To see the complete notice, click on this link: Public Notice
- Public Information on Bridge 23: On October 23rd VTrans made a presentation at the Eden Town Office during the regular Selectboard meeting. VTrans and Town of Eden discussed the Bridge Replacement Project on TH#13, Knowles Flat Rd (Twin Culvert Site). To view the project fact sheet, click on this link: Eden Bridge 23 and a copy of the scoping report may be viewed online at: https://outside.vermont.gov/agency/vtrans/external/Projects/Structures/16J176
- Highway Dept Job Opening: Full time position available immediately for an experienced Laborer/Truck Driver/Equipment Operator. Knowledge of road maintenance practices preferred but will train the right person. Class B CDL is required. Applications are available at the Town Clerk’s Office and will be accepted until May 22, 2017. Rate of pay will depend upon experience. The Town of Eden is an equal opportunity Employer.
- Dog Licenses due April 1st: State law requires that all dogs be licensed by April 1st.
- Recycling Totes Available at Town Office: Starting July 1 recyclables are officially banned from landfills. To assist Eden residents in complying with these new laws we have available at the town office recycle totes in two sizes. 14 gallon totes and 16 gallon totes are available for $5 each. They can be purchased at the town office during regular business hours.
- Do you have photos to share? We are looking for photos from around Eden to use on this website. Please send them to email@example.com.
- The Vermont Shoreland Protection Act went into effect on July 1, 2014. Bodies of water over 10 acres are affected by this Act. In Eden there are 11 lakes or ponds listed. More information can be found on the Vermont Dept of Environmental Conservation’s Watershed Management Division’s website.
- Current vacancies: Eden Energy Committee (1 position), Eden Youth Sports Committee (1 position), Eden Planning Commission (1 position), Highway Dept. (1 position). If interested in serving on a town committee, please submit a letter of interest to the Selectboard or call the town office. A job application is required for the highway position and may be picked up at the Eden Town Office.
- 9-1-1 Signage: The North Hyde Park/Eden Fire Department is working with the Town to install 9-1-1 signs at all Eden residences. The first phase of the project will have numbers and signs installed at residences along RT100. Additional roads may be added if time allows. This project will be ongoing until all residences have an identification number installed. The project is funded with monies left to the town by Eden Rescue and the American Gift Fund.
- Check out the Calendar page for information on board and committee meetings, plus community events. If you notice an error in the date or time of a meeting or event, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we may correct it.
- Be sure to join the Eden/Lowell Front Porch Forum. The link can be found on the Front Porch Forum page under the Community tab.
This is the Official Municipal and Community Website for the Town of EDEN, Vermont.
We would appreciate your input.
If you have comments or questions or notice an error, or
if you would like to have content added, or
if you have photos in and around Eden you’d like to contribute, or
if you would like to have your Eden business listed under our Community Pages/Businesses,
Check back often for updated information, community events, agendas, and minutes of the boards and commissions.
Thank you for visiting the Town of Eden’s new website!